Some interesting facts of 10 human body parts

 Some interesting facts of 10 human body parts

Human Body is composed of cells, tissues, bones, muscles and other various delicate internal organs. They perform various tasks in our body. Our body consists of head, neck, stomach, hand, leg and so on. It also consists of various systems such as nervous system, circulatory system, respiratory system, digestive system, etc. Here, we are going to discuss some interesting and amazing facts of our body.


Human eye can distinguish up to 10 million of colours but our brain can’t remember all of them.

The resolution of human eye is 576 MP (Mega Pixel).

There is no any blood vessel in our eye, so that, it receives oxygen directly from the atmosphere.

Different colours of eyes are found i.e. blue, brown, green, red, etc in which the most common colour of human eye is brown while green is the most rarest eye colour.

Chameleons (animal that can change its skin colour)  can see in two directions by moving their eye ball independently at a time.

Fig: Human eye


The average human brain weights about 3 pound (1360 gram).

Human brain can develop up to age 25.

The information from brain travels up to about 431 kilometers per hour.

The spinal cord is the main source of communication between the body and the brain. 

The human brain can generate about 23 watts of power which is enough to power a light bulb.

The brain itself doesn't feel pain because there is no pain receptors located in brain tissue itself.

Fig: Human Brain


In terms of flexibility and versatility, tongue is one of the strongest muscles of human body.

We cannot live without heart or lungs but we can live without our tongue.

As we know, there are five taste buds in our tongue i.e. sweet, bitter, salt, sour and umami (taste of cooked meat). But in reality, each taste bud can detect every taste.

On an average, human tongue is home to thousands of taste buds because it contains 2,000-10,000 taste buds that die off and re-grow about every 10 days.

The color of our tongue can say the condition of our health i.e. red and white spot in tongue indicates the infection in taste bud, white patches indicates the growth of fungi/yeast,  redness indicates deficiency of vitamin B12, iron and folic acid and so on.

Fig: Tongue


Liver is the largest internal organ of human body.

It is also the second largest organ in human body as skin is the first largest organ.

If 49% of our liver were removed, the remaining 51 % part could regenerate into a full size. 

It holds approximately 10 % of the blood in our body.

It pumps nearly 1.5 liters through itself per minute.

It consists of 96% water inside the cells and blood.

Fig: A picture showing human liver


The size of two lungs is not same.

In human body, the right lung is wider than the left lung because left lung has to give more space for our left heart.

About 78% of waste eliminated through our lungs just by simply breathing.

Human lungs exhale up to17.5 milliliters of water every hour.

An adult person takes 13 breathing (taking of oxygen and throwing out of carbon dioxide) every minute.

Lungs don’t play role in breathing only but they are also capable to float on water because it contains air which helps in floating.

Fig: Lungs of human

Nano Diamond Batteries: A battery lasts for thousands of years without charging


Human finger contains bundle of muscle fibers because there is no muscle in fingers.

There is a belief that ring finger of human has direct contact with the human heart known as the vein of love.

The bones of fingers are perfectly straight but fingers are never perfectly straight.

On average, the women tend to have longer index fingers and men tend to have longer ring finger.

Fingers are highly sensitive organ than other part of skin.

Finger nails mostly grow at high rate during summer season.

The nails of our dominant (mostly used) hand grows faster.  

Fig: Human Fingers


The maximum volume of adult stomach is about 2-4 liters.

Food is stored in stomach for averagely from 3 to 5 hours.

Our stomach contains HCl (Hydrochloric acid) which makes food soft and kills bacteria present in it.

This HCl is so much strong that it can easily dissolve a razor blade.

Our stomach produces a new layer of mucous every two weeks to prevent from the negative effect HCl in the wall of stomach.

Fig: A picture showing
human stomach


They reabsorb and redistribute 99% of the blood volume throughout the body, leaving the 1% of the filtered blood to become urine.

It has higher flow of blood compare to brain and liver.

Around 25 % of blood from heart goes into the kidneys.

The kidneys of babies are huge if it is compared to their body weight.

The weight of adult kidneys is about 150 gram whereas the weight of baby kidneys is about 20 gram.

Fig: Kidneys

A black hole was found near to the Earth: HR 6819 star system


The pancreas is a carrot shaped digestive organ which is located backside to the stomach.

It is a rubbery gland and has a pale color.

It secretes different digestive juices which help in breakdown of food to provide energy to the cells.

Pancreas is composed from four parts i.e. head, neck, body and tail.

It secretes insulin and glucagon hormone which maintain the sugar level in our body.

Fig:Orange colour indicates
Pancreas of human


Spleen is attached in upper-left part of our stomach whose main function is to filter the blood.

When the life cycle of RBC (Red Blood Cell) and WBC (White Blood Cell) finishes, they are destroyed in the spleen.

Spleen stores one - third of the platelets in our body.

The shape of spleen is shoe-shaped.

It acts as a power house of infection fighter.

Fig: Orange colour indicates
 spleen of human

Read our other popular articles:

Sign of Alien life was detected in Venus

NASA has just landed in asteroid Bennu – The journey of OSIRIS-REx mission

Some interesting facts of 10 human body parts Some interesting facts of 10 human body parts Reviewed by Yudip Paudel on November 18, 2020 Rating: 5


Powered by Blogger.